Best RV Mattress Reviews (Updated May 2021)
If you are searching for a new RV mattress to change an old one or just because you want a new on, you need to know the elements to look for when choosing a new one. There are all types of custom RV mattresses for any type of RV that comes to your mind which includes 5th wheel trailers, motor coaches, pop-up trailers, campers, and boats.
There are products available that are placed in several RV brands and you need to give the measurements so you will receive the perfect one for you. A lot of options are available that you can choose from so you are given the right size and thickness that will be perfect for your camper. Being stuck with a bad mattress is not the most comfortable feeling you are going to have while traveling in your RV. However, before buying a new RV mattress, you need to know what to look for in a mattress and then choose from the products listed here.
Last update on 2021-10-19 at 06:07 PST - Details
What To Consider When Buying RV Mattress
The size you are looking for
Determine the length and width of the bedding area because there are times when the standard size is not enough, but there a lot of cases where you will require a customized RV mattress. The standard and custom mattress sizes are offered so if your RV involves a bed that is custom built and a normal one will not suffice, have one made.
Consider the actual size of your RV because RV mattresses are available in cut corners, big radius corners, angle sides, round edges, and a lot more. During the past, ordering a mattress with an irregular shape might have been uncommon, but today, RV mattresses have become more available.
Look at their return policy because you need to make sure that in case you don’t like the mattress, they will allow you to return it. However, the sad thing about this is that 99% of their policies are useless. The majority of the RV mattresses are compressed and rolled while it is still being made so they can be shipped easily and avoid oversize charges.
Once you receive the mattress, it will be compressed to about 1” and then it will expand between 5 to 8 inches once you open it. After you have unpacked it, no matter what the salesman told you, getting the mattress into that box is impossible.
If you have to return it, you will end up buying a flat pack mattress box and you would have to use a freight carrier. In general, the charges of the freight are between $300 to $800 for a normal queen RV mattress. You will realize later on that it is cheaper to keep the mattress than send it back to them.
The type of mattress you need
These main types are foam, spring, and air. All of them have pros and cons. The traditional ones with a spring are the least comfortable among them and have a lot of disadvantages than the foam type mattresses. The air mattresses might be better when it comes to sleep quality and comfort it provides, but they are a lot more difficult to maintain and prevent it from damages. It is recommended that foam mattresses should be chosen compared to air mattresses.
It is because RV foam mattresses have better support and it will provide a better sleep at night. They are simpler to maintain and can last a long time without its quality depleting. The spring and air mattresses quickly lose its quality under extreme temperatures that will typically happen in an RV. This is common during the off season when the temperature is uncontrollable in the RV. If you want more support, you can buy a memory foam RV mattress so that you will have the best quality of sleep.
Making sure that you have a strong warranty is important when buying a mattress for your RV. They get normally exposed to wearing and tearing since a 5-year warranty is what they usually offer. This is in case if you will not opt for anything lower than that.
Top 5 RV Mattress Reviews
1. Zinus Sleep Master Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 10 Inch
Last update on 2021-10-19 at 06:07 PST - Details
The conforming memory foam that provides you comfort and support so you can sleep better at night. The layers of the mattress have a 3-inch memory foam, 2” comfort foam that relieves pressure and 5” high-density base support foam.
It uses CertiPUR which is the highest type of foam that’s been given US certification because of its durability, content and performance. It is made of Bio Foam, which is the newest evolution for memory foams that replaces some traditional petroleum and natural plant oil so the mattress stays fresh. The dimensions are 74 x 60 x 10 inches and the weight is 59.4 pounds.
- The price is very reasonable
- Once you open the box, the mattress unfolds right away without any hassle
- I can sleep well on it and no issues have been discovered so far
- It is extremely comfortable so I get better sleep
- The mattress arrived on time and it is just like how it is advertised
- There is a funny smell at first, but it eventually goes away after 1 night
This mattress is really a great value because the price I paid for is great for the quality I got. I love having this bed because I sleep better ever since I had it. I highly recommend this mattress to everyone who wants a good quality mattress without the hefty price.
2. LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Dual-Layered - CertiPUR-US Certified - 25-Year Warranty - Short/RV Queen
Last update on 2021-10-19 at 06:55 PST - Details
It is a dual-layer mattress that has 2.5” gel-infused, ventilated memory foam, surface, and a 7.5” high-density base so there is excellent support and a medium-firm feel. The mattress is specifically for RVs and campers for great comfort.
The foam they use is CertiPUR that is US certified for excellent safety and performance. The TENCEL blend fabric cover can regulate temperature and control moisture. The dimensions of the mattress are 75 x 60 x 10” and the weight is 52 pounds.
- Unpacking was quick and easy
- I love it that the base is firm but they made the top a little plush
- I sink in right away once I lay down and that makes my sleep super comfortable
- My back pain decreased after sleeping in this mattress for a while
- It is a mattress that I would buy again when I need to replace it already
- The mattress arrived on time and I was able to unpack and use it right away
- I’ve been using for a year and the condition is still the same
- It can get too warm sometimes, but that is a minor concern
It is a mattress that’s been with me for a year and the quality is still the same so I highly recommend it to anyone. If you have back pain, buy this mattress because it will go away after a while.
3. DynastyMattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV 10-inch CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress-Queen RV Size
Last update on 2021-10-19 at 07:05 PST - Details
It is a 2.5” CoolBreeze Gel that is 4 pounds and High Density Open Cell which is a memory foam with sleep cool technology. It comes with a trial of 120 days and the limited warranty lasts for 20 years. It is 2” + 2” cool airflow, 3.5” foam that gives ultimate support to the base.
The feel is medium firm for extreme comfort and constructed using 4 layers of high quality and durable material. It is cheaper than GENIUS, but they are almost the same. The white cover has brown suede, a fire barrier, and there is zipper on the washable cover. The dimensions of the product are 75 x 60 x 10” and the weight is 55 pounds.
- I never experience night sweats with this mattress and I one of those people who does
- The pillows that come with the mattress give great support and I am very comfortable with them
- It can support heavy people and it is not true that they will sink because we have never experienced it
- It is a big improvement to the factory version that I know of
- It could be a little softer, but once you get used to it, it’s the best
It is a mattress that I will recommend to anyone who thinks that foam mattresses are no good because this one proves they are still worth buying.
4. Classic Brands 8-Inch Cool Gel Memory Foam RV Mattress, Short Queen
Last update on 2021-03-14 at 06:25 PST - Details
It is an 8-inch profile gel memory foam mattress. Take note that it is only a mattress without the foundation or base included. There is 2” of cushion firm that has been infused with gel and the foam sits on top of 6” high density foam support.
The gel is capable of drawing heat away so your body stays cool while sleeping. When you receive the mattress, it is compressed, but setting up is very easy. This CertiPUR US Certified Foam comes with a warranty of 10 years. The dimensions of the product are 75 x 60 x 8” and the weight is 55 pounds.
- The firmness of the mattress makes sleeping on it a whole lot better because my back pain is relieved
- I received the mattress in twin size and it expanded right away without any awkward fumes
- When they said that it is a very comfortable mattress, they were not lying because I sleep so soundly on this mattress
- A very firm mattress with awesome quality
- The mattress does not have a weird smell when I got it
- It is a product I would buy again when it already needs replacement
- An awesome deal for the price
- I wish the mattress was a little bit softer, but I still love it. I only had to get used to it for a few days
The mattress does not have any smell at all even if it is new unlike the others that you need to wait a day or two for the smell to go away. If you are sensitive about smells, buy this one.
5. AB Lifestyles Short Queen Mattress Pad USA MADE Mattress Cover for Camper, RV, Travel Trailer Mattresses Size:60x75
Last update on 2021-10-19 at 07:17 PST - Details
This brand is manufactured and shipped straight from the USA, so beware of counterfeits that come from other countries.
The short queen size 60 x 75 bed is made only for campers, travel trailers, RVs and mattresses. This mattress that is filled with plush is covered with elastic that is sewn around so it fits like a glove. It has been machine washed, tumble dry low and quickly removed. The weight of the mattress is 3.6 pounds.
- The mattress has very good quality and it fits perfectly in my travel trailer
- I love the price because it is definitely reasonable
- There were no creases when I first got it and there’s still none up to now
- The underside and the cover are woven cotton so I know that it is a product that will last a long time
- It fits perfectly in my RV and I would recommend this to others
- The mattress arrived exactly on time
- It had wrinkles after it came out from the dryer, but that is minor
It is a mattress I would buy again because it is durable and comfortable. You will not go wrong if you choose this one.
These are the best RV mattresses you can buy today, but before choosing, know the factors you need to look for because having the perfect will give you enough rest and your back pain will be gone.