Tips on How to Buff a Car
To protect your car’s beauty, you have to wax and wash it regularly. While you are using a good protectant, you will be able to improve your car’s overall look and make it shine. The protectant is considered the final step to provide your car a great-looking shine. Almost all cars are attacked by contaminating agents, and disturbed by foreign objects. This is why you need to know how to buff a car and you won’t have to take it to the shop anymore. You will save some cash if you know how to do it on your own.
The materials you will need
- Cutting and Polishing the compounds
- Car was soap
- Vinyl and rubber compound
- Masking tape
- Synthetic chamois
- Clean mitt and microfiber towels
- Wool and foam pad
Benefits of buffing your car
- You will see the fresh layer again – This is the number one effect of car buffering. Underneath the paint that got exposed to the elements for a few years is a new layer that will come out. If you do this correctly and using the right type of compound, this will be a good way to ensure that your vehicle will look new again.
- The finish will last longer – You need to take care of your vehicle to maintain its good appearance. Buffing is one way of doing this because if you take care of the car’s exterior, your car’s finish will last longer.
- Minor scratches will be removed - Even if you are very careful, scratches will happen on your car’s coat. Buffing the car will get rid of the blemishes that are not too deep.
Knowing how to buff your car will save you time and cash because paying for services is more expensive. You will also know more about maintaining your car properly because you will know how much work and effort is needed to maintain its coat. This will make you value your car even more, but make sure that you will follow the given tips correctly.